With all the flavours of a pumpkin spice latte, these muffins stuffed with cream cheese make a great breakfast.
- Muffins: Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners; set aside.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, espresso powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin purée, eggs, milk and vanilla until blended; stir in melted butter.
- Stir pumpkin purée mixture into flour mixture just until moistened (do not over stir).
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the tester inserted into the centre comes out clean. Let cool completely on the rack.
- Cream Cheese Icing: Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy; beat in the butter until blended. Beat in icing sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Spoon icing into a piping bag fitted with a medium round tip. Gently push the tip of the piping bag into the centre of the cupcake. Squeeze about 1 tbsp frosting into the centre of each cupcake for filling, being careful not to split the cupcake.
- Vacuum seal muffins, individually or in batches, using the FoodSaver® VS3000 set to PulseVac™ feature according to appliance guidelines, manually starting and stopping for slow air removed to prevent muffins from crushing. Refrigerate for up to 24 hours or freeze.
Tip: Substitute vegetable oil for melted butter, if preferred.
Per 1 muffin
Total Fat 12g
Saturated Fat 7g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Total Sugars 17g
Vitamin D 0.5mcg